Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Bloom Boxes

Another Sphryn Marketing box.  I've done the Coffee vs. Matcha and the Alice in Wonderland.  This is at least their 4 box campaign and my 3rd in participation. 
 
The theme is Bloom.

Played on theme: Oriental Garden

and Botanical Beauty.

There are some new partnership and some crowd favorites that return.  But all are from Asian American Pacific Islanders business owner, baker, and awesome tastemakers.

Another yummy Fatcaron from Big Macs TX.  This is strawberry osmanthus carnation Mac. The filling for sure has the strawberry taste and the osmanthus definitely reminds me of the tea.  I don't exactly know what carnation taste like, so maybe part of the fragrance was from that. But that is a huge Mac.

Then we have Mochi from Mia's.  This is a Rose Cake Mochi.  They really have a piece of thin sponge cake with rose cream, which is very light wrapped in mochi.  It's nice and fresh, and I love Mia's mochis.

This is jasmine tea mousse with strawberry glazed on top. What I really like is the edible sugar rose on top.  It's so pretty with gold sprinkled on top.  This is very light and not overly sweet.  And I think that's one of the feature of Asian desserts, we love our sweets but not too sweet, and we don't feel it's filling us up over. 

This is the Floral Trio Barfis.  It has Orange Blossom - definitely fragrance of fruit/citrus.  Rose, which seems to be consistent of a lot of the bakers.  Matcha is my favorite.  It's lots of petals but it is like a very compact coconut cookie, but not the ones made with flour.  

From SKM Pastries, from the past boxes and can also be found at Pling.  I love all her stuff.  The left is Habiscus Champagne Mousse - honestly, I tasted more champagne than tea.  I think I got a little drunk on that one.  The right one is Honey Chamomile Panda Cotta.  I love the little chunks of honey, it's in every bite and not too sweet.

Last but not least is the Earl Grey Lavender Teamisu by Brian's Bitchin' Bakery.  I'm a huge fan of Brian's Teamisu and especially the flavors that he keeps coming up with.  This one does taste very much Earl Grey and the lavender is lightly hinted.  I appreciate that every bite is full flavored, there's a consistency of cake, whole cream/lady finger mushed well together.  Love every bite.

Overall, both boxes are very fun.  Great desserts, especially it's not something you can commonly get.  I do wish they didn't think flowers and default to rose.  As you know, cooking/baking with Rosewater is very fragrant and you can easily turn whatever you are tasting into eating porporri. Basically, one drop goes a long way.  I do love that this is from all AAPI bakers and their chance to show off.  Very happy to support small businesses. 

Sphyrn Marketing
https://www.sphyrnmarketing.com













No comments: