Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Coppa Osteria

Went back to Coppa for dinner.
This time got put in the corner (insert: Nobody Puts Baby In the Corner here).

We shared the Octopus Carpaccio.  I like the flavor but the octopus was cut too thin.  Thinner than sashimi, so then you can't even capture the flavors as a whole in every bite like they're supposed to.

Order the Ceasar, just for some veggies.  I'm not going to lie, I just really wanted the anchovy.  Never thought I'd say that, but I really like theirs. 

I stepped away from my 'usual' and got the Hanger Steak, just because I was in the mood for chimichurri sauce.  The sauce wasn't heavy like how I like it.  I usually like to soak my meat in there.  But my steak was good, so no complaint there.  The potato is nice and crispy with a bit garlic aioli at the bottom.  No complaint there, I ate all my potato.

Overall it's a decent meal, not one of the best I've had there.  The servers were great and attentive.  I'm still bitter that I got put in the corner.  But it was fine, in a very mafia way.

Coppa Osteria
5210 Morningside Dr
Houston, TX 77005
713-522-3535
https://www.coppaosteriahouston.com



 

No comments: