Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Southern Sweets

New Coffee Place Alert!
I've been seeing this shop on my IG feed for a while.  Turns out, it's on my way to Meyerland.

Super cute interior.

Goodies filled the pastry case, I came in the afternoon, so that's what we have there.  They also have ice cream, and cakes too.  

Even the packaging is cute.

Nice touch in the little nook.

I got a Matcha Latte.  It is cold, but the taste is bitter than most other places that does it.  I know it came from a pre-made batch, so maybe next time will have a different taste?  Consistency is fine. 


I do have to brag about a Margarita Cookie.  I got it on a whim.  But it is a little like tea cake cookie, but the flavor does taste like a mini margarita (sans alcohol).  But you get a bit of salty from the rim, a bit of sour from the lime, and altogether gives a very nice effect.  Like I took a mini vacation.  Definitely worth getting again!

Southern Sweets Bakehouse
4530 Beechnut
Houston, TX 77096
713-485-0954
https://www.southernsweetsbakehouse.com

 

No comments: