Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Peach Galette

Another peachy delectable, going back to the Peach Galette.
I think out of all the recipes out there, this one is the easiest to do.  You mix cinnamon, vanilla, lemon juice and sugar.  

Mix it all up I was using spatula but it's actually easier to mix by hand. 

Of course, the pie crust is store bought, I would not do a good job making my own anyhow.  Plus, if you do it this style, you can make 2 with 1 box.  

Got it all ready to go and in the oven to bake.  

It came out nice...  I brush some heavy cream on the side and added Sugar in the Raw on top.  Not going to lie, grabbed extra packs when I was at the coffee shop so I have then for the sides.

Here's a close up.

Now that I've made this 2nd or 3rd year.  I always forget that the 2lb of peaches the recipe called for is too much.  That yield about 6-7 medium size peaches.  In reality, there's actually a lot, especially you cut them up and spread.  

Another thing I learned too is that the recipe has a lot more 'sides' to their pie, than I do.  And it is possible because they have smaller or less peach.  So, next time, I think 4-5 is enough.  In actuality, I had a lot of left over, and was busy sholving them on the sides.  It's hard to make it look pretty and even.  Right now, it looks like a little mountain, which is hard to cut into and serve.

 

No comments: