Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Pico's

David says: I had to nix the Texas gravy on the chihuahua cheese enchiladas, but it was still as good as it used to be. Very lively place on a Saturday night, not the place to go for a quiet meal. The mariachis can get pretty loud considering they are acoustic. Great place to go for some atmosphere and margaritas.

Patty says: Wow, haven't been to Pico's for quite some time. I forgot how loud and small the place is. They always have an in-house mini-band to walk around. What's good is that if you're getting drunk, they're perfect for drunk singing. If you're sober, it's just loud music walking around a tiny restaurant.

They've changed their menu since the last time I've been there, so my favorite pork chop is not on there anymore. But I managed to still stay w/ pork, and had the Mancha Mantele. It's stew-like and it has fall-off-the-bone meat with pineapple, carrots, mole' and other veggies. It's really a stew for those who don't know. Yes, it's on the sweeter side, but there's nothing wrong with that. ;)

Flan is thicker than I remember them to be. It's not as sweet w/ the caramel as I remember, but all in all I have not met a dessert that I do not like. Our friends had margarita, which is what they're known for, so definitely go give them a try.


Pico's Mex Mex Restaurant
http://www.picos.net/
5941 Bellaire Blvd
Houston, TX 77081

No comments: