Friday, December 4, 2009

Ouisie's Table

If you've never been to Ouisie's Table you're truly missing a neat place for gourmet food. My first recollection of the place was my first job. The district manager loves that place, so inevitably we'll always have our annual luncheon there. Trust me, there's no complaint from me. The place is nice, tucked away, yet have ample rooms for different occasions. The food, of course is no comparison to anything I've ever had. Fast forward years later, I've been back there for an occasion or two. This past Xmas, I got a gift certificate to go back, and you don't need to ask me twice.

This time I went with couple of friends and all of us, self-proclaimed foodie-wannabes, had dinner there. First off, they serve you cute little bread as you wade thru pages up of wine menu. Watch out for the jalapeno roll, it does have a kick to it! My disappointment on their wine list is that they aren't as well rounded as I thought. I know not everyone likes to drink what I drink, but I expected there to be a representative from the category. But alas, they were catering to the Shraz and Merlot drinkers. They don't even have a cocktail menu.

I had the veal and my friends had the steak. I've never had anything bad there, so nothing bad to write about. Plus, it's been a few weeks, so details are a tad fuzzy. I do remember that the dessert was great and the waitstaff attmpted to be formal, but there were points that were lacking. First off, ladies should always be served first, and the coffee should be hot instead of warm.

My advise about going to Ouisie, always check out the Blackboard Special. The chef shines on dishes he can play up the seasonal anything. If you go there, make sure you leave ample time for traffic, they are at the edge of the Galleria traffic. Don't let the bar intimidate you, they serve full everything and also a full menu. Don't feel bad if you want to ask for a tour of the restaurant, they do have different rooms with different personalities. They also grow alot of the herbs they use right there at their garden.

Ouisie's Table
3939 San Felipe Dr.
Houston, TX 77027
713-528-2264

Reservations highly recommended. $4 valet

No comments: