Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Grove

Patty says:

Last night after the Cirque show, a bunch of friends and I went to the Grove.  I've been dying to try it for a while now.  It sits on the edge of the Discovery Park and it's ran by one of the Delgrande's, so you know good food abound.  They have a nice list of drinks, and 4 kinds of Mojitos.  I tried the Bubble Gum, and while it doesn't taste like bubble gum at all, it is sweeter than the normal mojito, which really means is right for my sweet tooth.  

If you are ever the wine and cheese type, I must recommend the Grove Picnic Platter, which has meat and cheese of assortment on it.  They had salami, proscuito and another meat mixed w/ mashed potato, that was interesting but yummy.  There's some salad as well as pickle, and of course cheese.  I don't know my cheese, so I'm not going to embarrassed myself here.

By recommendation, we tried the skirt steak.  It was excellent and delicious... It was a very good, it has a smokey, woodsy taste.  The meat wasn't tough at all, it was nicely matched up w/ the tomatillo sauce.  It comes with chili cheese fries but let me tell you, there was neither chili nor cheese.  Actually, that's not true, there's some cheese, but not real chili.  It was shredded beef on top of the fries and it has melted cheese on top of it.  

By the time we had the steak I can't fit in my favorite part of dessert, so no info there.  But, I can only imagine that it can't be bad.  :)

The Grove
1611 Lamar 
Houston, TX 77010
Phone: (713)337-7321

http://www.thegrovehouston.com/index.html

No comments: