Friday, July 31, 2009

Carinos Wine Pairing Dinner

My friend was telling me about Carinos monthly wine dinner. It was, it's specific to that location, and it was super yummy... They had a wine pairing to each course, and let me tell you, I'm not much for wine that's not Reisling or Moscato, the pairing was done very nicely.  

I *heart* the Chicken Pomodoro Salad, I could've easily finish that and wish that more places would do salad that way, I'll definitely eat all my greens then. Second course was Green Chile and Chicken Lasagna, you can barely taste the chile and can definitely taste how flavorful the chicken is, yes, even if it's inside the lasagna. Now, the rest were just so-so for me... they had a Burgundy Rosemary Sirlon with angel hair pasta. You can taste the butter, but the beef were a tad chewy-ier than I liked.  

The dessert was a Pomegranate Orange Tiramisu. So, when I hear it's Tiramisu, I naturally think it has something to do w/ chocolate and coffee. But nay, it's really bright and orange, and the only part that is 'tiramisu', it's really the cake part that's soaked. Now, the Sangria, however, was yummy! My problem is that by the time we got to that course, I'm as red as the red light district. I just really didn't want to drink anymore. I'm not even going to go into the fact that all the butter and wine totally added 3 lbs to me... but it's worth it.  

It's a monthly deal and the price is not bad, about $31 meal & tax. So, I wouldn't mind doing it again. It is a trek out for us because it's past the paper store I used to work at, so it's about 23/24 miles from home. But it was yummy!

Carinos
21875 Katy Freeway
Katy, TX 77450 

Phone: 281-398-5646
http://www.carinos.com/menu

No comments: