Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Del Frisco Steakhouse

A bunch of friends and I went to Del Frisco for a birthday dinner. They can accommodate dinner for large party for sure. Their downstair bar can be seen as cozy, though the seating for bar wasn't alot. The seating upstairs however, was ample. Just the stairs makes you feel like you're about to experience something important.

As the evening progress, you see the entire restaurant fills up. That was surprising to me because it was a Monday night. But if you look around, you quickly realize why. Most of them were business men out to discuss business over dinner. They are all probably staying at the many nearby hotels and just trying to catch a good steak. Either way, the gorgeous window over look Westhimer street at night was breath-taking. For a mere moment, you may have thought that you've escaped to some exotic city, anywhere but Texas. It was indeed gorgeous.

Let's talk food, shall we?! The first thing we all made fun of was the menu and its giant font. Several of us in the party didn't even need glasses. Haha... I ordered a 8oz filet mignon. That meat was nice and good for me. The others in my party ordered the Governor's Filet which was a 6oz Filet Mignon plus Chateau Potatoes (aka mashed potato), another person got a Peppercorn Steak, that was really full of peppercorn. They have some very yummy sides, but the complain was that they like to serve it all the way around. What happens when the person just want the side dish to his or herself?

Their dessert was good, but nothing so extraordinary that makes me return for more, which was like the steak. Don't get me wrong, it was good, I love my meat. But, nothing makes me want to make that as a destination to return time and again. I will refer people to it, simply because of it's location, which was centralized for businessman and tourist alike. Otherwise, I'm sticking with my steak at Morton's.

Del Frisco's Houston
5061 Westheimer Road (side of Galleria)
Houston, TX 77056
713-355-2600
Del Frisco's Website

No comments: