Monday, January 25, 2021

Papparich

I don't usually get to try places the first weeks they open now that we're in Covid times.
But I saw my friend posting about this place, I was highly curious.

First thing: this is the 3 layer Iced Tea - this is a milk tea.  I haven't figured out what the layers are, but the texture is tea for sure but not super milky like a true milk tea.  If anybody knows, please educate me.

Curry Fish Ball - the texture is fresh for sure.  The curry is not too spicy, whatever left over is great to put over rice for another meal.  Trust me on that one.

This is the Seafood Kway Teow - Kway Teow is the flat rice noodle that's popular in Southeast Asia.  This one as you can see, tons of protein in the mix, no shy of shrimp and mini mussels.  I kinda wish it has more heat to the dish.  Looks great, taste average, lack heat. 

For the Hainanese Chicken rice set - it comes with broth, rice, chicken and sprouts.  It's uncommon that the broth is thin and light, I'm accustomed to seeing it accompanied by coconut broth.  The rice of course is cooked with coconut milk.  The chicken is not shabby, what was shabby was that they skimmed on the ginger sauce that comes with the dish, they didn't even fill up half of the little tiny container... that was not cool.

Overall, I think the dishes can be better, I have yet tried their Nasi Lemak which is popular in Malaysian dish.  So I'll hold my judgement there, but I'll come back in a few months to see how these dishes are as the new shop get acclimated to the business.

Papparich
9393 Bellaire Blvd
Ste A1
Houston, TX 77036
281-974-1115
https://papparichusa.com

 

No comments: