Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Marmo

Came down the Montrose Collective.
Parking definitely is a challenge in the area.

The sun was out, so we sat outside and pretended that we were cool.

Cute outdoor patio seating.  Got a glass of Gastatio - which is a mocktail.  Orange and lemon flavoring with tonic, it's a cute mocktail - a tad tart.

For start, we did Burrata.  It's nice and cold... this dish kinda confuses me.  It's burrata cheese, pumpkin seed, fig, and squash. The whole texture is just mushy to me.  I liked the flavor combo, but don't care for mushy-ness of the dish.  Had they have bread or warm toast to go with it, that'll be perfect.

We ordered calamari - which is not what we had in mind.  We were thinking it'd be frito misto but turns out to be with a lot of olive (which made it super salty), capers, raisins, pine nuts.  Definitely not what we expect or thought we ordered.  Next time, I'll go with my gut on the meatball. 

Per recommendation of the host, I got the squid ink pasta.  They make the pasta in-house, and they have an uni sauce with the crab meat.  It is topped with breadcrumb and baked . So it's nice and warm in my tummy and a bit crunchy and crab.  The sauce is a cream sauce, which adds to the texture.  I wouldn't mind coming back for this one.

The parking in the area is not friendly.  There is garage parking and it is at the back of the building, and they do have valet but spotty at best.  I wish they have validation, because they do over at La La Land around the corner.  And for a busy area like that, there's hardly many people park at the garage.  So, as we tell kids, go in pairs.  For dinner, I would say to make a reservation, but since they don't really have a brunch, showing up is fine.  I will say that they have a live piano act, but the music was so loud that we couldn't hear each other, and went outside instead.

Marmo Italian
888 Westheimer Rd
Ste 100
Houston, TX 77006
832-626-3400
https://marmoitalian.com
 

No comments: