Sunday, June 27, 2010

Devon, Chicago

Everytime I go to Chicago, I have to make a stop at Devon's. I discovered it when I first came to Chicago for work and staying at the hotel nearby. I had asked the concierge for a recommendation and thinking that they would point me to the seafood restaurant around the corner, which sounded casual, but I should know better. Turns out 'casual' is really code for seen and be seen.

The bar area is always packed with people at the bar on the upstairs, and the downstairs is the dining area. The downstairs is dim and actually very spacious. But I never got a chance to eat downstairs since most of the time I'm there to eat my myself, so I usually hang out at the bar upstairs.

I usually get there around 9p so they start the reverse Happy Hour just in time. That's when they get the specials on everything yummy. Sitting at the bar has its perks. You get yummy biscuit, which is savory and they give you this whipped better that's divine. I can stock up on these things all night long.

My favorite thing to get there is the Lobster bisque. I just know that that I'm going to get the good meat and creamy soup. The cracker they give you makes a good mushy bits that just scrumptious.

The other thing I had was the crab cakes. I already ordered the bar size not the meal size, but even then, it was gigantic serving. That came with asparagus. Honestly, if you ever get a chance to get the lobster, you should. They do it so great that it's bar none to anything I've had.

Of course, I would recommend creme brulee. I didn't get it this
But I recommend it if you get a chance you get to it. Of course, drinks too. Their sangria is good, and their bartender also serve a great deal of good off the menu drinks. You should definitely give them a try.

Devon Seafood Restaurants
39 E. Chicago Ave,
Chicago, IL 60611
312-440-8660

No comments: