Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hot Chocolate, Chicago



As my friend, Angie had pointed out, I do write like I speak. I guess to some degrees I don't really care, as long as I'm writing. Not so much to be grammatically correct, as much as memorializing my food adventure.

I don't claim to be a foodie by any stretch of imagination. Plus, don't Foodie also cook? I know I'm no where close to being one, but one can always aspire, right?

Speaking of my friend Angie, she and I had went to Chicago last month. It was super fun to just walk and see all these neat shops and neighborhood. One that she insisted we go, and boy am I glad she did was Hot Chocolate Chicago.

The place is located on the edge of Bucktown of Chicago. Which is really an up and coming neighborhood that is filled w/ alot of artists and their workshops along the way. There's also alot of upper end stores nozzled themselves in the midst of the action.

Our intention was to go there to have a late lunch. I guess, we arrived so late that they stopped serving lunch but instead, they are having 'tea'. Hmm...

Ok, instead of tea, we have to have the world famous, James Beard awared, sweets and hot chocolate.

What you see up top is a Dark and Tan, it's also spicy. I just love the marshmellow. This is not only the type that will give you a mustache when you melt it in your chocolate and drank it. It also mellows (pun) out the spicyness of the hot chocolate. This is not for the faint of heart, because the hot chocolate is quite rich, make sure you get a glass of water to go with that.

Here, on the left side, are Angie's cookies, they look like Black & Whites, they are really not. They have a layer of delicious jam in the middle between the 2 cookies and they are hand dipped as you can see.

On the right, are my cookies. YUM! There's a rugulach w/ raspberry jam and cinnamon. A gingerbread sugar cookie, and a marble cookie.

I would like to return one day to have their yummy looking entree, especially if their pastry chef is this great I can only imagine the main course.

Hot Chocolate
1747 North Damen Avenue
Chicago, IL 60647-5508
(773) 489-1747
www.hotchocolatechicago.com

No comments: