Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sweet & Savory (picture heavy)

Smoked Harrison Hog Farm Belly, homemade pickle, with homemade hoisin sauce on top of a fluffy steam bun by Eatsie Boys



I am super duper behind, so... instead of telling you stuff you probably don't care, I'll let you feast on the photos. I will label the pictures so you know what the heck you're looking at.

Just a quick note, this is a benefit for Lucky Dog Rescue, which Rebecca Masson from Fluff Bake Bar organized. It was good. Most people were there for the food, which makes me feel really bad because the couple next to me was there for the dog rescue. WHICH! I do care, but my tummy took over, what can I say?

Next is Clams Revival Salumi, Spring Leeks, Peas, and Rice by Ryan Pera of Revival Market



Then we have Smoked Pork Sopes, Chipotle Tomao Jam, Pickled Red Onions, Avocado Cojita Cheese by Jason Gould (formerly Gravitas, now Cyclone Anaya's)

Then we have Barely Buzzed Cheddar, Toasted Lavender Meringue, Nasturtium, and Chicory by Seth Siegl-Garnder from Kata Robata

The last of it, the far left was Pretzels, Chocolate, Beer, Mustard, Cream Cheese, Peanut by Philip Speer of Uchi & Uchiko


The middle is Rebecca Masson who did the organizing of the event and did the pistachio macaron w/ rhubarb ice cream with dried raspberry.


Not pictured (cuz I ate it before taking one) was the Tainori Ganache, Caraway, Buckwheet, Lemon & Carmel by Chris Leung of Bootsie's Heritage Cafe.


This definitely a great exposure of different food and different styles in one sitting. The only thing I didn't care for was the pretzel w/ beer, chocolate and mustard. I understand how at a bar, somehow those things come together, but on a lovely dessert plate, it was confusing to my taste buds.


Of course, you can catch all these great chefs at their natural settings be it movable or not. Watch out for the next event in October!

No comments: