Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Three Broomsticks - Universal Islands of Adventure

Now, you know that I can't come all the way to Orlando and not go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. What kind of person do you think I'd be if I do make that pilgrimage. Plus, I'm sure my friends who are big fans of HP would've thought that I'm crazy going all the way there by car and not go to HP.

As a matter of fact, in the Islands of Adventure, we spent the most time in that corner of the park. By the looks of it, I'd say alot of people did too. There were 3 rides in that corner, the dragon challenge was too fast for me. The Flight of Huffogriff was more my speed. And then of course the main Hogsward castle ride, the Forbidden Journey.

Here's the trick to the rides. They have 3 lines. One is the main line, one is for their Express pass, and the 3rd one is for Single Rider. Meaning, you are riding the ride separate from your party. Frankly, we didn't care, we just want to ride. And once you sat down, you realized, being with your party or not, doesn't really matter because you're in your own compartment type seats, you know the other people are there, but you aren't talking to them thru the ride.

The first time we rode it, we were stuck in the middle, so it prompted us to go back for second. And hey, that's why they have single riders right? Right!
After all the riding and walking and stuff, we were tired and felt relief to find a/c. Again, August heat, bleh! And where would we have eaten if not at the Three Broomsticks. While it's more cafeteria style, it was also managed quite well. For instance, they put you in a line, say number 4 and you go to number 4 counter to pick up your food. Then a hostess will find you a seat. And they're very good about the no cheating system. I was very impressed.
One of the recommendations I was given was that I have to have the frozen Butterbeer. Unlike it's name, it has no alcohol content in it. It's like a very buttery cream soda but in a slushee mode. Wherever you walk, you'll see lines after a big Butterbeer cart. The other thing I didn't get to try was the Pumpkin Fizz. That sounded good too, but I was told the Butterbeer was a must!
What goes well with Butterbeer you asked? Why, Fish and Chips of course. I will have to say, the battered fried fish was nothing to write home about, but the tartar sauce they gave you more than make up for it. It was tasty and I can't quite place it, it's not tangy like normal tartar sauce that I'm used to. The fries weren't heavily salted but it's fried alright.

There's no other place to eat in that area. So this is pretty much it. I will say, if you don't care for what they have to offer, at least go in and check out the structure, they did it almost exactly how the movie had it. So it's something to see. In that area, you get a candy store and a bunch of drink carts, in terms of food. The rest are stores and I think aside from Zonko the gag gift store and the Honeyduke the candy store, there's a line to the other stores. So, remember to bring your patience with you.

Three Broomsticks
inside Universal Islands of Adventure
www.universalorlando.com/Amusement.../threebroomsticks.aspx

Three Broomsticks

No comments: