Friday, September 2, 2011

bi-color macarons

Last time you saw the swirl macs, this time I want to show off the half and half macs. Actually, last time when we attempted it, we did it old school. That is we both squeeze the tiny bit of batter out at the same time to fill a circle. This time I did it the 'right' way.
By the 'right' way, I meant, after some research and found Macaron Fetish's method. All I have to say is that woman is a genius. She used several freezer bags to separate the batters (which of course are different colors) and pipe them together and take it to another level.
I know some turned out more of one color than the other, but over all, I think it got the idea across. I think if I applied equal pressure from both colors, it'll come out even. Either way, I think you'll get that little dip of one color because that's how most people pipe.

The other thing that was 'impressive' to me, is that these are 2 batters of different things. The pink is the normal batter of almond meal, but the green batter is pistachio meal. The weigh worked out great together. It baked out to a nice finish. Must make more!

No comments: