Tuesday, September 4, 2012

BRGR - NY

So before we head out to NY, I did some research to see what Paleo eaters in NYC do about sticking to their diet.  Alot of people suggested BRGR.  Lucky for us, it was near by where we were staying. 
They pride themselves of going against the grain by serving grass-fed beef.  I just care that they served good food.
I got the lemonade but I think they're famous for their blueberry-pomegranate shake.  It was heavily promoted and frankly a chocolate shake sounded good, except I didn't want to fill up with shake and no room for food. 
Here comes the food!  We asked for gluten free version of the burger, which really means lettuce wrap. I had a la carte the burger, and added mushroom and gruyere cheese to mine.  The meat patty was smaller than I expected and the side of fries was small for a $4 side add on.  

They pride themselves for serving grass fed meat and are willing to go the extra mile, but it does come with a price and the portion is super small.  Afterwards we felt like we need another meal.  So, if you go there, while you do get quality food, be prepare to pay and may not be full after.

BRGR
287 7th Ave
Between 26th & 27th
New York, NY 10001
212-488-7500
http://www.brgr.com/

No comments: