Thursday, September 27, 2012

Brown Bag Deli

Now that I don't work in downtown, I do miss the convenient of good easily accessible everywhere.  Aside from the tunnel systems there are tons of food places easily get to on the street level.  One of them with the nicest owners is Brown Bag on Capitol.
The owner is the nicest guy, if you have any allergies let him know.  If you go late in the afternoon, you can catch them with the last batch of cookies from the oven.  They have been known for putting cookies back to the warmer for a bit if they know ahead of time.
I had the tuna salad sandwich, and the bread was off that day, but the tuna salad was great all on its own.  I did not get a warm cookie this time, I tired their pre-packaged 'gluten free' cookie.  Let me just say that the pre-packaged cookie is nowhere closed to their homemade ones.  Their homemade ones are like teacakes and they have tons of chocolate chips in there.  You should try it!

Brown Bag Deli
(downtown location)
810 Capitol
Houston, TX 77002
http://thebrownbagdeli.net/BrownB_MAPS/BrownBag_map.html

No comments: