Tuesday, April 28, 2020

One Dim Sum

In the Covid lockdown world... we do what we can.  One thing you can do is to order take out from your regular restaurants.
This time, I ordered from One Dim Sum.  

I got Cheung Fun with BBQ Pork, Turnip Cake, Black Caviar Mushroom Dumpling, and Singapore Rice Noodle.  

So couple of things I've noticed.  
1, they are still doing happy hour, and have special pricing for certain dishes and alcohol.  
2, if you order online via ChowNow, the selections are more limited than what's posted on the menu.  When I call them and place the order by phone, I was able to get several items that are not listed on the ChowNow menu.  So, if you know what you want, phone it in.  
3, Definitely call in advance, they have to steam the dishes, does take some time. 
4, when they tell you 40 mins, they really do mean 40 mins.  Not sure how they got it down so tight, but take heed on the time the person on the phone tells you.
5, Be smart, when pick up, they set up the tables by the door, I would bring my own pen and sanitizer to sign for your payment.

One Dim Sum
510 Gray Street
Houston, TX 77002
346-293-9188

No comments: