Monday, May 11, 2020

Underbelly - HEB edition

When I heard several restaurants in town is serving their meals at H-E-B, I was curious. 
Given the current circumstances, Stay Home-Work From Home- Contactless environment, I thought that was a brilliant move.

This is from Underbelly and it is their King Ranch Casserole.  I was just attracted by the cheese they have on there.  Easy, pop into the oven and heat.  It has King Ranch chicken, tortilla chips, chili gravy and cheese, cheese and more cheese.  Every bite I got has cheese on there.  The tortilla chips part of it really is better if you oven heat it.  You can use microwave, but the result is vastly different.  Taste is pretty good, definitely no compare.  I will say that the smart thing is to find out when they come in and fill up and get it while it's super fresh.  It's not unfresh, it could be better is what my gut is saying. 

First of all, these are located in the prepared meal section for a few H-E-Bs in town.  You have to go look, but so far, the Montrose location seems to be getting the most variety of meals there.  Second, they cost $12.  Now, I know what you're going to say, $12 for a prepared meal from a grocery store.  Lest we forget that these are brand names, local restaurants, besides the food that goes into it, I'm sure H-E-B gets a cut, and their intellectual capital of the recipe, it sounds about right.

Check your local H-E-B

No comments: