Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Mamak

Imagine how thrilled I was when I was just getting a mango sago at Mia's, and saw Mamak's sign.
They've had changed hands over at the Chinatown location, and ultimately ended up shuttered.  This time, they are tucked in a corner, literally, inside a grocery shopping center down in Sugar Land.  That's a nice surprise.

I got the 3 layered milk tea - it's definitely very unique and yummy.

Of course got some satay.  I'd order Roti if I could fit it all in, but since I can't, I refrained.  I just love their peanut sauce.  I got 3 beef and 3 chicken, amazingly, as much as a beef eater I am, their chicken here is delicious.

I saw this on someone's social media feed, and was inspired.  This is rice and egg noodle with curry chicken.  It really is 2 kinds of noodles in the mix.  Rice Noodle and Egg Noodles, stir fry together with curry sauce on top.  It's definitely not something I've had before and it sounded interesting.  It is really like curry sauce on top of regular stir fry noodles.  A pretty safe choice, and of course chicken in the mix.

Speaking of chicken, one of their well-known dishes is the Hainanese Chicken.  I do applaud them for having a good mix of meaty and boney chicken.  The sauce is really what I'm after.   They noticed that, for leftover, as I'm packing it for home, they offered me a full little container of it.  YUM!  Of course, it has to accompany the coconut rice.  You can actually a meal set that has 1/4 chicken, rice, and soup.  

Mamak Malaysian Restaurant
3412 Hwy 6, Ste R
Sugar Land, TX 77478 
346-874-7913
https://mamakmalaysian.com

 

No comments: