Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Squable

Had brunch at Squable.  
This was not my first, and last time was during pandemic and we were all eating out of containers.

Seatings are super limited inside, if the weather is nice try to get a table outside, less crowded.

This is the Afterglow, which has lychee, strawberry, coconut water, lime and something fizzy like a like tonic.  It's a mocktail, goes down easy.

We shared the biscuits.  It's all nice and warm, so good for my soul.  The come with yogurt butter that has cheese shavings on top.  And seasonal jam, this is made of peach.  Both of them together with the flakey buttery biscuits was delightful. 

I got the Carbonara, it has a yolk in the middle, accompanied by chunks of bacon (crispy) and pecorino cheese, which is made from goat's milk.  I will say, my brain was expecting something super cheesy and while it did deliver part way, I can use more.  The noodles seems to be too thick for that sauce, but that's truly a personal preference.  The bacon is nice, cured, and crispy.  Not bad as a flavor, won't mind if they have smaller bits and more of it.  At first we were making fun of the size, it looked like kids size, but I will say, since I was being gluttonous and ate the whole thing, kids size is just fine.

Overall, I will say service was not bad when they do come by.  Surprisingly, for a small space, took the server a while before getting to me.  Equally surprising was the kitchen was super slow.  Slow in getting the drinks and food out.  So hope that's not a norm for them.   Reservation is highly recommended.  Parking can be challenging especially during peak dining hours.  Check around the street and read the signs, park carefully so you won't get towed. 

Squable
632 W. 19th Street
Houston, TX 77008
https://www.squabletime.com





 

No comments: