Thursday, January 12, 2023

Brian's Bitchin' Bakery

Ya'll know how much of a Tiramisu person that I am.
So when Brian pushed the Tiramisu Flight, it's like a holiday in a box.  I forgot to take a pic of the box, I was too eager and started to dig in.  It came with 4 slices and each has different flavors. 

First up, Gingerbread Latte.  You can even see the little gingerbread person on there.  It's a tad spiced than I liked, probably wouldn't mind more gingerbready-ness.  It has spiced espresso soaked lady fingers, gingerbread brown sugar mascarpone cream, and gingerbread cookie, and cocoa powder on top.  It was nice, again, he always get the texture just right.

Next up, Pandan Espresso.  Seemingly conflicting flavors, but he makes it work.  It has Vietnamese coffee soaked lady fingers (gives that moisture and texture), pandan vanilla mascarpone cream, Biscoff cookie crumble (and who doesn't like Biscoff), with a bit of salted coconut cream.  

I'm typically not a coconut cream person, but this combo works.  Well, first off, coconut cream and pandan are like peanut butter and jelly, they go together.  It's a can't-go-wrong combo.  But, the Biscoff gave it a different spin and hit the taste buds just right.

One of my favs: Thai Tea Tiramisu.  Thai Tea soaked lady fingers, with Thai Tea mascarpone cream and Thai Tea dust.  I know sounds like a lot of Thai Tea, but it works between the layers.  Trust me on this one.

Last but not least, new flavor, it's Hong Kong Milk Tea.  That one was lighter in flavor than I had expected.  It has Black tea soaked lady fingers, Hong Kong milk tea mascarpone cream, and cocoa dust on top.  I will say, HK Milk tea is not easy to make as a drink.  Little to say in a different medium.  I think it's do-able, but this one needs a little tweak.

Of course, I cannot walk away without getting some cookies.  This time, they are doing mini cookies, which is great for parties.  Since they're individually wrapped.

I picked Earl Grey Lavender Blueberry, one of my favorite flavors of theirs. 

Maple Pear Pecan, that just sounded interesting.

To be honest, I tasted maple and pecan, and not much pear.  But the pecan tasted like it's been mapled and sweetened that way.

Mexican Hot Chocolate, is one of my other favs.

The cookie really makes you feel like. you're having a hot chocolate with cinnamon and spices, and then a bit of marshmallow to top you off.  Like a hot cocoa wrapped you up.  So nice!

I know he's working on new flavors for the upcoming month, especially for Lunar New Year.  Don't miss out.

Brian's Bitchin' Bakery



 

1 comment:

Rik Panganiban said...

Goddamit all I can think about is a tiramisu flight now. Its all your fault!