Thursday, June 22, 2023

Chocolate Bar

Driven past here and saw the Chocolate sign and caught my attention.  
It was at the former wine space in river Oaks. 

They have lots of fancy chocolate for sale, mix bags, cow shaped, cowboy shaped, boots...  

pretzel sticks, dipped oreos, and dipped crackers...

Other animal shaped too.

They have cakes...

... and cakes...

...and gelato.  They have coffee too, but I was short on time.

Got a slice of chocolate tres leche.  I will say that for someone with a super sweet tooth, this is too sweet for even me.  I usually have pretty high tolerance on these things.  The texture was moist but not like a tres leche' where it is soft and milky.  It's just got too rich everywhere, had to give up halfway.  

Otherwise, I wouldn't mind coming back for a coffee another day.  The turtle mocha looked promising. 


Winfield's Chocolate Bar
2411 W. Alabama 
Houston, 77098
832-810-0471

 

1 comment:

Rik Panganiban said...

Never met a tres leches cake I couldn't finish! Must have had the proportions off. A tres leches is supposed to be very moist and only somewhat sweet. The milk should balance whatever sugars are in the ingredients.