Thursday, September 24, 2026

House of Bowls

Came back to House of Bowls for some comfort food. 
Not that I was having a bad day, as much as sometimes I just get nostalgic about food. 

Fish balls in Satay sauce - I remember getting theses from street hawkers.

Dry Stir Fry Beef Rice Noodles - I love the combo, and that's my measuring stick to the gold standard when I go to a new Chinese restaurant.  I would order this dish, and if they past the muster, I know they're legit.  This is one of the one I get all the time, of course, I knew it'll be good. 

I got the Fried Rice with diced chicken and salty fish.  Also, ordered my favorite Lemon Iced Tea too.  I do miss those.  It's not like an Arnold Palmer, it's truly Ceylon tea, syrup, and lemon. It has a different kick, though AP came pretty close. 

I will say, growing up, salty fish were known as poor people's food.  Like you cannot afford money to buy protein and or spices, Salty Fish is your solution.  Honestly, salty fish is really a method of preservation before refrigeration is widely available.  So here, instead of adding sauces, they drop in these diced salty fish bits to salt things up.  It's a great combo.  

When coming to HOB keep in mind their parking lot.  It gets filled quick, especially on weekends.  Whatever you do, do not park across the street at the shopping center directly across.  They will tow.  So get creative, pay attention to street signs, and park accordingly. 

House of Bowls
6650 Corporate Dr
Houston, TX 77036
713-776-2288


 

No comments: