Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Escalante's

Ever since David been eating Paleo, I haven't gone to have Mexican food for a long time. Little did I know that my friends loved Escalante's so much that they got the menu memorized. Here's the thing: if you were to go on a weekend night, bring your patience. It doesn't pay to go hungry and irritable.

First off, the hosting staff doesn't talk to each other. The manger, luckily got his crap together and know what's what. But then, they overwhelmed their wait staff that it took almost 5 minutes before we can put in our drink order. So, if you go on a busy night, bring your patience.
Since my eyes were bigger than my stomach, I ordered the Burrito Deluxe. What made it deluxe was the 2 burritos with either fajita beef or chicken (I picked beef) and it's doused with queso. YUM! Do I pay for it later? Yes, was it good? Also yes. So go figured.
The flan however, was not worth my calories. The caramel wasn't thick enough as most Mexican restaurant had made them. This is a tad blander than I'm used to. So, note to self, save the calories for magarita next time.

Escalante's (Meyerland)
590 Meyerland Plaza
Houston, TX 77096
713-663-7080
http://www.escalantes.net/

No comments: