Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Sweet & Savory 2 of 4 drool fest

So, as I mentioned yesterday, we'll continue onward with the picture drool fest from Sweet & Savory event.
Here we have Philip Spear of Uchi & Uchiko of Austin & Houston.
Here he is in action with liquid nitrogen. He demo-ed by spraying some cream into the liquid nitrogen. He said he wanted it come out that way because the spray gives the cream air, and the liquid nitrogen quickly harden the shell yet leaves the center soft.
Result? We have his Dolce Bourguignon with Liquid Brioche. To me, it really is frozen ice cream with citrus fruit and bits of edible flowers. It's definitely innovative, like eating a yummy chemistry project.
Then, I came up to Rebecca Masson's station. I'm so thrilled.
Here's Rebecca scooping us some ice cream to go with her dish.
And her dish: Risotto Fritters, with pickled blueberries, and Sambuca ice cream. I was thinking that would've been a great macaron flavor.... hmm....
Next up is Megan Ketover, which I'm embarrassed to say that I often get her and Amanda mixed up. The difference is of course that Megan is from Cincinnati, with Hilton Netherland Plaza.
Here's Megan preparing my dessert.
It was caramel ice cream sandwich with butter cookies dipped in chocolate and nuts. Then the little tube is a drizzling syrup, that can be eaten either with it on the cookie, or sip it after to cleanse the pallet. I thought that was very thoughtful. And the saltiness of the cookie help balanced the sweet of the chocolate and the syrup does cleanse my pallet.

More picture for drooling tomorrow.

No comments: