Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Fat Bao

Quick dinner at Fat Bao.  I haven't been there for a while, forgot how popular this spot is.
One of my favorite is the Duck, it has house-made pickle, hoisin sauce, and green onions.  I love that the duck is not too dry and they give you lots of meat.  If they give me more hoisin sauce that'll would've been awesome!
I got the Curry Brisket Bao, which has the brisket in curry sauce, and pickled onions.  It's not spicy as the name suggests but does have a nice taste to it.  Not at all dry.

The other is the fish, which the fish is tempura-ed, pickled apple and jalapeño mayo(which I didn't taste much of it).  Overall nice and crunchy, not too dry.

I think hat's one thing that I love coming here, the food here can easily be made wrong or dry, yet they deliver every time.  I also love the casualness of the place, several communal tables and they're fast with the food.  Highly recommend here for a quick and casual meal.

Fatt Bao
3419 Kirby Dr 
Houston, TX 77098
713-677-0341
https://www.fatbaohouston.com

No comments: