Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Golden Dim Sum

Went back to Golden for dim sum.
This time really was my eyes was bigger than my stomach...
Upper left (clockwise): shumai - pork dumpling, baked pork buns, custard egg tart.  

I love baked pork buns, they put on a layer of honey on top, nice and sticky.  Their egg tart has a great shell: full of layers and nice and crunchy.
Steamed Taro (Ube) cake.  I'm bigger fan of turnip cake than taro cake, plus the turnip ones are usually pan fried, the taro ones are only steamed.  Sad face.

The other is the pan fried rice noodle roll with XO sauce.  It has a strong kick of spice, that's for sure. If you cannot finish this dish, take it home but don't let it sit too long.  I made the mistake of not eating it until the next day.  It basically marinated and everything got hotter and spicier the following day.  Lesson learned!
Also for fish filet congee.  It's nice and warm for any cold day.  Beware, they do come out piping hot. I just love a bit of fish to go with the congee and a bit of salty to go with the fish.  Super delicious.

Golden Dim Sum
10600 Bellaire Blvd
Ste 105
Houston, TX 77072
281-495-1688
http://goldendimsum.com

No comments: