Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Monkey King - Legacy Hall

Been hearing alot about the Legacy Hall in Plano.
Sounded very cool, had to check it out.
It's packed with people, but more than 21 foodie goodness, and at least 4 bars I saw.
I wanted some noodles, so went up to the 3rd floor for Monkey King.
Very simple menu, noodles, dumplings, sides and drinks.
Dumplings combo and Scallion Pancakes
What is a dumpling combo, you'd ask.  You pick 2 of the dumplings on the list and that is your combo.  I picked the Edamame & Tofu Dumpling (left ones) and Soup Dumpling (right ones).  It came with their respective sauces, and it is definitely filling.
The Scallion Pancakes is not the other kinds that I'm accustomed to, which is pan-fried.  This one is deep fried.  This was a bit dry and dipping in the sauce doesn't help either.  Sigh, I so wanted to love them, but it was just not cutting it for me.

I so wanted to try other stuff too.  Like the craft beer next door, the dessert downstairs, and the popsicles they have.  But alas, I can't fit them in.

Legacy Hall is pretty cool.  They have a Box Garden where you can sit out and watch bands, and if you couldn't find a seat, don't worry, there's more out on the balcony on 2nd floor.  They have food of any kind you want on a wimp.  They have lobster roll, pizza, taco, bao, donut, dessert...etc you name it.  Go check that out.


Monkey King Noodles
http://monkeykingnoodlecompany.com

Legacy Hall
7800 Winrose Ave
Plano, TX 75024
https://legacyfoodhall.com

No comments: