Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Yoshi Ramen

There's a new Sushi/Ramen place that took over the former Fajita Pete's on W. Holcomb.
 Their turn around for this shop was very quick too.  It was ready before we realized it was a sushi/ramen shop.
 The menu is not anything out of the ordinary, you can see some customer pics here.
 I got a black bean sauce ramen with an iced tea.
A closer look: black bean sauce, pork broth, fish cake, sprout, bamboo, char siu (I ordered extra), scallion, and egg (I promised it's in there).  The entire dish was ok, the broth is fine, noodles is the ever so popular Sun Noodles.  

Personally, it is nothing spectacular, for the price that they're charging, I think it's unfair.  The prices they charged is near Ramen Jinya and Ramen Tatsuya.  Even Tamashi down the street, charge a dollar less.  Does a dollar really matter?  No, but that's about 10% more than the other, by that it seems huge when the quality of the dish is not nearly as good as the others.

Their prices on sushi is near Osaka's across the street, which is near a high end sushi place.  That said, unless I'm in a pinch, don't think I'll be going there as my staple.

Yoshi Ramen
4050 Bellaire Blvd
Houston, Tx 77025
832-831-5258
http://www.yoshihouston.com

No comments: