Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Bubbles, Bibs & Brunch Bash - DFS fundraiser

So, after walking a 5K, we were invited by my friend who is involved with Dress for Success to a brunch.
It was a fundraiser, and it is perfectly matched after the 5k run and in preparation of the marathon run the following day.

It was nice line up of restaurants, perfect timing after I burned a bunch of calories, of course there's Mimosa flowing . Not to mention, doing good also helps!

On to the food: (not pictured) Chicken Pot Pie from Hay Merchant.  It was perfect for the windy morning we had for the run.
 Then it's adult pop tarts by Kitch.
 Better light here, the pop tart is filled with savory brie with fig jam.
 Then Granola Parfait from Alice Blue, which I have never heard of before, turns out they're serving American style food in the Heights.  I'm not a fan of the parfait but 
they also have a blueberry muffin that was amazing.
 Next is an awesome roll that I didn't expect.  It is from Vibrant on Montrose.  Another place that I didn't know existed.  They do gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, corn free, GMO free, and soy free.
 Better light on this roll, to my surprised, it was so delicious I went back for another one.  For all those eating restrictions, they still managed to make something yummy; I wonder what else they can do.
 For the hosting restaurant, they did egg tacos,...
 they have potato and queso for you to add to your taco, needless to say, I just have my fill.
 Shrimp & grits from Helen.  I'm not typically a shrimp and grits girl, but let me tell you, this was so delicious, too bad I was full, I was ready to go back for seconds.
 Since it's cold, I got me some Katz Hot Chocolate.  Since it was with the sweets, thought I'd start with that to warm me up!
Lastly yummy apple on a cookie dessert from Poitin.  I've always been interested in going there, now I really have a reason to go.

Places I didn't get to try: Hungry's, Nectar Juice Bar, Deep Eddy vodka, Nothing Bundt Cakes (but I've had them before), and River Oaks Donut (which were skimpy of them to just put couple boxes of donut holes and called it a station).  

Anyway, this is such a great cause, money goes back to Dress for Success.  While we were stuffing our face, we met one of the co-founder, Nancy Levicki who help start the organization in the late 90s.  To this day, they help women all ages, ethnicity, to build confidence and get them back into the work force.  By the way, I knew she did a 5k that morning as well.  For interest in donation both clothes and financial, please visit their website.


Dress for Success Houston 
https://dfshouston.org




No comments: