Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Kakawa Chocolate House

My friend was telling me to go check out this chocolate place
 I'm like: chocolate?  Twist my arm.  Haha
 I typically walk up to the counter and let them know that I'm not from around there, or this is my first visit, if they'd recommend something.  A decent place, the servers would either have an opinion or know what their best selling item is.

This round, I was given several of their hot chocolate to sample.  I ended up getting the American, which is 70% Dark Chocolate and almond milk.  Nice and rich.  Of course, I wanted whipped cream on top.  Isn't the cup cute?!
 Of course, they have chocolate, brownies and truffles.  They also specialized in chocolate dipped chili.
What did I get?  The purple tinted one is a Prickley Pear Truffle.  Not too much of a hint of fruit, but you can tell it's there.  The other is Goat Cheese & Sage.  To be honest, I tasted the goat cheese but it's very faint, and hardly can taste the sage in the mix.  Both very delicious, not too heavy or rich.

This is a small little house right outside of the galleries in the area.  You walk in, and there's seatings everywhere.  That said, they also get very busy because it's near couple of schools.  The staff there are super friendly, they're quite accustomed to folks walking in not knowing what to expect and what to order, since they're amongst all the touristy, art galleries, and what nots.  Super friendly and can guide you thru their menus with no issues.  They have hot and warm drinks, dessert and mendicants, of course, all chocolate in the mix.  Definitely worth stopping by.

Kakawa Chocolate House
1050 Paseo de Peralta
Santa Fe, NM 87501
505-982-0388
https://kakawachocolates.com

No comments: