Thursday, March 7, 2019

Olive Garden

So, I have not been to Oliver Garden for over 7 years.
Per my mom's request, she wanted to go, and who's going to say no to mom, right?! Plus, growing up, I had fond memories of the breadsticks, so why not.
This is the Blueberry Limonata.  It is lemonade, blueberry puree, fizzy water and blueberries.  Sounded good on paper, but this was way to sweet.
Ordered regular lunch, and it came with soup, so I picked Minestrone.  Light tomato broth, should save me some room for the entree.
So, this is why I don't come here anymore.  I got the Salmon Piccata.  The salmon has lemon garlic butter sauce on it with capers.  The zucchini was supposed to be toasted with parmesan crust on top.  Well, not sure if you can see it through the photo, but the zucchini is undercooked.  It's kinda fine, since it's veggie, but this whole cooked in between thing just weirds me out.  The salmon was super salty, which doesn't help when my drink is super sweet.  Needless to say, I picked at it for a few bites and gave up. 

I would've called the manager over, if they have been around.  Heck, not even trying to get a manager, just trying to track down our server was a chore.  Finally, he came back and I just wanted to get my check and leave.  Needless to say, I answered the earlier why not in more ways than one.

Olive Garden
2929 Southwest Freeway
by Kirby exit
Houston, TX 77098
713-527-8671
https://www.olivegarden.com/home

No comments: