Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Asahi Sushi

This is my first time sitting down and eat here after the pandemic.  In the past we've only been taking to-go and those seemed to go well, so we'd thought why not try sitting down.

We got our agedashi tofu, which came with sauce on the side.  But the very fact that I needed to them soak up a bit of sauce before consuming, makes that gratification delayed.

Second, I couldn't forget their happy hour special, which is not as good now as it was before, but better than nothing right?  Well, the gaiety ends there, the fish had frozen bits inside, which means they didn't thaw enough and not enough time.  At least they still treat it thru the proper manner, thank goodness.

Needless to say, I gave up on the sashimi, and was looking forward to my yakisoba.  Funny there were more veggies than noodles in this dish.  But I was so hungry that I just gobbled it all up.

As much as I want to support mom and pop shops, I do draw a line.  While the owner is nice, and its hard to make a buck with supply and workers shortage, quality for the money is still something I valued.  I was already taken aback by their serving dishes are all styrofoam boxes.  But when the food comes out with ice in them, and more veggie than noddles, I felt like I'm paying a lot for subpar.  Before, it was some hole in the wall that can satisfy the craving, but now I'm not sure anymore.  I truly hope that was a fluke, because I do want to continue to support small businesses.

Asahi Sushi
8236 Kirby Ave
#200
Houston, TX 77054
713-664-7686
https://www.asahisushihouston.com

 

No comments: