Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Peach Cobbler

This is the last of my peaches... also last peach creation.
Not that I phoned it in, just easy way to get something yummy.

Followed the box was easy.  I went ahead and sliced up and lined it all up nice and pretty.  Put it in the oven.

Oh good, rising nice and pretty....

...end result.  Where are my pretty, lined-up peaches?

It all sank to the bottom... lucky for me, every cut still has a good amount of peaches.

Top is all nice and brown but not as crispy on top as I'd like in a good o' fashion cobbler.  It is all in a wet mix after all.  Even it's all browned on top, it didn't get that texture. That's not to say that it didn't taste good.  It tasted good on its own, just different from expectation. 

Anyway, finally used up all 20 something peaches from the truck.  Glad we split the order in 3, because that's too much even 1/2 of the box.  This way it's perfect.  That's not to say I didn't bake in one of the hottest days and the ERCOT tell you to not use the oven, but the peaches were getting soften and I felt there's a time-clock on them.  Yes, I know I don't have to bake, I can canned, jam, or freeze.  Just the baker in me likes to do it this way than otherwise, this is my annual baking exercise.  Had to get it out of my system.  Thus, we conclude our annual baking peach rendition. 





 

No comments: