Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Desseire bakery

First time back to Desseire after they changed owners. 
They added this cute area, and I do know they offer tea service.  The problem is that that area can comfortably seat 4, but the minimum for tea service is 6, which is your own private party but the space doesn't look like it can do that comfortably.   Just for consideration, it's $50 pp + gratuity. 

Back to the cakes.  Look at all those beautiful colorful display.  They do have a lot of cupcakes and choux.

I got the Mango cake.

It has a layer of cake base, coconut, and mango on top layer, and coconut shreds on the outside.  It's actually pretty nice.  Not too sweet with everything together. 

Got the Chocolate Tart again, just because I'm a chocoholic. 

Also got a Financier.  Which is almond flour based not regular flour based.  Has fresh cream and fruit on top.  And the almond cake is not too dense.

I got the pineapple matcha latte.  The picture looks like it would've had 3 colors, but since they put the pineapple last, really 2 colors.  Milk and matcha shot, with pineapple mixed in.  It was interesting.  I didn't feel like I was having a matcha latte, and also don't feel like having any pineapple latte, but I know it's in there somewhere.  And yes, I did shoke it all up before drinking.  Oh well, I tried it, checked the box.

So this is interesting, the quality of the cakes still the same as before even after change of ownership.  They did add more stuff - like drinks with fruit because the new owner runs a fruit place.  That said, so far everything still feel very much like before, and as long as cakes are still good, I would be coming back.  Before you go, go to their IG and see what specials they're running.  You might get a good deal the day you're heading there.  

Desseire
10600 Bellaire Blvd
Houston, TX 77072
832-434-2780

 

No comments: