Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Gyu Kaku

It's been a long time since I've been to Gyu-Kaku.
It's a Japanese style barbecue.

For starter, we had cold tofu with sesame oil and green onions.  Also spicy cabbage salad, it's actually not spicy, it does have a little kick for flavor. 

We got Kalbi, Pork Belly, and Yaki Beef in Umkara sauce.

I will say, I haven't been here in years.  It's out of my way but often see the promo and have been curious.  When we arrived, the place definitely show its wear and tear.  The servers tries but they were short handed, so once tables started to fill up, they are stretched.  I feel like they did a good job nonetheless, just not enough hands.  

This is a cook it yourself type of place, so no one will be cooking for you.  That said the ventilations is pretty good, so your clothes won't smell too much like cookies meat.  That actually works. 

Gyu Kaku
510 Gray St
#A
Houston, TX 77002
713-750-9520

 

No comments: