Monday, August 10, 2009

HRW: Arcodoro

This week begins the Houston Restaurant Week, where all these Houston premier restaurant puts together a prix fixe menu for $35. It's a great price when entree and dessert already cost that much. The prix fixe usually have 3 courses if not 4 or more choices than you can wrap your stomach around it.

Tonight's choice is Arcodoro in the Galleria area:

Patty said~

The decor is definitely fancy. They have outside seating where you can definitely enjoy a nice glass of wine on a good weather day. Unfortunately, those days are very limited in Houston, so you can take a guess on that. They have a casual seating and a dining area as well.

I had done the HRW prix fixe, which consisted of the Salmon Carpaccio, Paella, and Tiramisu. They, of course, have other choices as well and you can definitely order off the menu. The Carpaccio is not as good as I thought it'd be. I'd like the salmon to be colder than room temperature. I can taste the oil and the frisee' but not the apple. So, that ruined it for me. The Paella was good and flavorful. The shellfish was more fresh than I anticipated. Tiramisu is delightful, but I must say, I've have had better. So, I'm not sure if that's a good judge. Since most of my judging is based on creme brulee's not on tiramisu. Guess I'll have to go back and try it all again.

Overall, food is good, not the best I've ever had. Though I've never had Sardinian food before, which has heavy Italian influence (because duh, they're right next to each other). The price of their dishes aren't cheap but I would say the quality is worth it.

Arcodoro
5000 Westheimer
Houston, Texas 77056
www.Arcodoro.com
713-621-6888
reservation is recommended

No comments: