Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Original Marini's Empanada House

So, I've been reading about the Empanada House on Houston Press and ever since I've been jonesing it...  I'm not usually an empanada person usually but who can deny good food?

I drove by the shopping center where I'm familiar with the Chili's, 713 Sushi, Masala Wok, and Marble Slab on Westheimer & Briar Park.  But I don't recall seeing anything about an Empanada House.  Well, that's because it's tucked in behind formerly Wolfgang Puck Express (which is now something different altogether).  It is a tiny spot, but also quite deceiving because it looks small but tons of seating for inside and out.  

Empanada runs about $2.25 which is cheap for dinner, if you think about it.  The dessert ones even cheaper.  I had the beef & spinach to start for savory empanada.  Let me tell you, the beef one has this nice juice to it, and with their zesty sauce, it's just awesome and wonderful.  The spinach one has cheese inside and it was a nice mesh.  The dessert, oh boy, the dessert... I had a banana carmel, it's nice, yummy, warm and gooey.  Word of warning, it does get messy.  Between the powder sugar and the carmel, I was a dripping mess.

They also have sandwiches and salads, vegetarian friendly food.  Definitely affordable and good not to mention yummy and fried.  If you get the savory one, you HAVE TO get the zesty sauce.  Definitely going back!

If you are hanging out at the Vintropolis, they will deliver.  I know that you can order online too.  If you're in Katy area, they have a store out that way too.  Go check them out.

The Original Marini's Empanada House
http://www.theoriginalmarinisempanadahouse.com/
10001 Westheimer #2570
Houston, TX 77042
713-266-2729

No comments: