Sunday, March 13, 2011

Brunch at Benjy's

Here's the thing about brunching at Benjy's, there is no Saturday brunch at the Washington location, only the Rice Village location has both Saturday and Sunday brunch. C'mon, we want those diced potatoes on Saturday too!!!

Anyway, friend and I went to blow a gift certificate that I got. Might as well get something yummy. I had the Crabcake Sandwich, which I thought was interesting where they have a 63degree egg. What is that exactly? Well, I supposed it's cooked to that temperature... it's like a not quite done fried egg... still runny and googly, but the egg white isn't cooked all the way. No biggie, the food is yummy all the same. I will say that the hollandaise does put me to the top with a very filling feeling. Talked about stuffed!

As if that's not good enough, my girlfriend and I decided that we'll split a apply granola with ice cream dessert... like I said I had a gift cert to blow. Both girls were very happy about that decision.

I will say that people underestimated the popularity of the restaurant, given that they've been in Houston for a long time, pretty much an institution, but if you want a table the time you want it, it's always best to make a reservation. I knew of the case, and often see people standing on the outside waiting for a table or having to sit at the bar. People! This is a seen or be seen kinda place, even during Saturday brunch. Know it, and call ahead!

Benjy's (Rice Village)
2424 Dunstan
Houston, TX
713-522-7602 (reservation is always recommended)

No comments: