Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Raspberry-Pomergranate Macaron

Ooh ooh, macaron! Oui Oui! Did you know that come March 20th, it's Jour du Macaron. Too bad I don't live in Paris, otherwise, you know I'll go from shop to shop just to have some macs. Actually, NYC has their own version of Macaron Day. And again, too bad I'm not in NY at this time. Boo!
Well, my friend Angie wanted to learn how to make macaron, and I'm dying to use up the raspberry - pomergranted jam, so that's a perfect excuse.

I had done all the prep ahead of time. Just that I've done it so many times that, it's easier if I spread out the prep than try to do them all at the same time. Obviously, the egg white part has to be prep ahead of time, but I sifted the flour a few days ahead of time.

When she got to my place, I really put her to work. We whipped our eggs, folded our flour, piped our macs. Look, look, no cracks!!! I think the trick is definitely use 3 egg whites, one one cup of sugar and flour tant pour tant. Look how beautiful they look?!

The center, we did a chocolate ganache mixed in w/ the raspberry-pomergranted jam. It wasn't too runny, it was 4oz of chocolate, to 1/2 cup of cream w/ butter. It was goooooood! Definitely came out moist and nice on the outside. I recommend you doing it at least once.

No comments: