Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Common Bond - Medical Center

I love going to Common Bond in Medical Center
Plenty of parking, no lines out the door, and everyone is courteous.
I can eat everything in here, I swear...
Decided on something I don't usually see or get....
Kouign-Amann - which is like a combo of cro-nut plus stickie bun.  When you cut it open, it has multiple layer but the top is super stickie like a sticky bun.  Dubbed the most fattening cake and originated in Brittany.  David Lebovitz has a recipe from 2005.  
This is a Kugelhopf - Boston Cream version.  Popular from the Easter European region this is really their version of the bundt.  As a matter of fact, the pan that made these do look like a bundt.  This one in particular chocolate cake crumb at the bottom, cream in the center, and the cake is really a yeast based cake.  
Alright, for real brunch food... I got the lox and toast, but this is way fancier.  Slice of sunflower rye, topped with cream cheese, salmon caper, shredded egg topped the toast.  Basically, when you cut it apart, it's a mess, but it's good.  Then again, Lox and bread can't really go wrong.  It is fancy, however...
Of course, I needed to get the coffee to go, must do for my trip to CB.

Common Bond
Medical Center
2278 W. Holcomb Blvd
Houston, TX 77030
346-327-8393
https://commonbondcafe.com

No comments: