Tuesday, July 16, 2019

H Bar

So I have not yet gotten a chance to step into the posh Post Oak Hotel.
Finally gotten a chance.  I just love how gaudy that arrangement is.  Not something you see everyday.
To the side of of the lobby is H Bar.
Got a mocktail of the Pineapple Mule, which has ginger syrup, lemon juice, and ginger ale.  It's not too tart, but not too gingery either.  I'd go back for that again.

While you sit down, they bring out some nuts and olive for munchie.
So, they offer wood fire pizza, which is essentially a full size pizza.  I will say, theirs is super cheesy.
Then we got a cheese and meat board, which came with 3 kinds of meat and 2 kinds of cheese with nuts, ginger and olive.

Overall for the price and this type of setting, it is on par.  Quality is not bad, but also expected a bit more on the pizza, even though we did order a pepperoni pizza, was hoping they'd do something more rustic style than Domino's style.  I do applaud the cheesiness of the pizza but the comparison stops there.  The meat board aren't shabby, again, I've had better ones for that price point.  

From what I understand, if you come on a weekend night, this is a seen or be seen type place, the age range immediately gets pull down than from a Happy Hour group.  In terms of parking, there are some self-park area on the side of the hotel and side of Willie G's.  There's also a few spots in front of their cafe, but good luck with that.  Do expect you have to valet.  You do have to pay for it which they have a kiosk with a person that is doing the in-take.

I will say for hotel this caliber I expected top notch service wherever I go.  The folks at the door was nice, the server at the bar was ok.  I think she was disappointed that our table had more women than men.  The person at the parking kiosk was nowhere to be seen for a good few minutes before I grab a bell-person to get someone to attend to the station.  This would never happen at Four Seasons or Peninsula, which is the caliber Post Oak is aspiring to.  There are service points that are deducted for that.  Just be prepare when you go that you'll be paying for one thing or another.

H Bar
inside Post Oak Hotel
1600 W. Loop South
Houston, TX 77027
346-227-5137
https://www.thepostoakhotel.com/restaurants/h-bar/

No comments: