Monday, September 23, 2019

Amille's

Another Monday, another cup of coffee.
Learned about Amille's when I was doing the Latte Art Class at the Common Ground.
Also learned about couple of drinks that I don't usually get.  One is the Lavender Honey latte.  They use local honey and local lavender (which is out by Chappel Hill).  I like that aspect of it because that means if you need to fight against any allergen, using local pollen helps with that.  My coworker just thinks is such an oxymoron because lavender is known to be a calming agent, yet it's in a latte with caffeine.  
The other is Golden Milk, which is turmeric, ginger, and cinnamon with milk of your choice, in mine, I added a shot of espresso.  One of the owners was telling us that when he was sick as a kid, his grandmother makes it for him, so it's a comfort thing.  I actually like it quite well, you don't typically see this around and it's very mild.  On top of that, when I feel my immune system is going down hill, besides Zicam, I do this, and it makes me feel better.  It's mostly the turmeric, but whatever helps I'll take.

Amille's Coffee
in the tunnel all around downtown Houston and Williams Tower
1301 McKinney St
Houston, TX 77010

No comments: