Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Hu's Cooking

Finally got ourselves into Hu's Cooking since they had the new owner.
The place is nice and bright and super busy by 6pm.
Steamed pork dumpling - it is ok.
Dan Dan Noodles, not too spicy but don't get me wrong, it has a kick to it, but even a weakling like me can handle it.
My favorite: Ma Po Tofu - just because I'm the girl who can sit there and eat this with rice all day.  Dish has decent amount of spice, but I'm missing the pork chunks that were mentioned in the menu...
Stir Fried String Bean, nicely salted and fried to a bit of crisp.
This is my first time to have Sweet Skin Duck, pretty good.  This is half a duck and the skin is coated with sugar crystals, not too thick of a layer, but just enough to add to the crisp.  The chili sauce helps enhance the flavor.  Highly recommend.
This is the first time for me to have Corn and Salted Egg Yolk, basically the yolk is the sticking agent and they have salt on it and fried.  So, it's a snack item, but they're doing it as a side veggie dish.  It's ok, I'm not a fan of corn, so I'm not a good gauge on that.
Like I said, they turned over an existing Chinese restaurant, renovated it and added more life to a previously drabby place.  That said, the food is not bad and authentic, which draws a big crowd.  With that comes parking issues.  They do have a few spots at the back of the building.  You need to read the signs.  There are also alot of folks that park on the street and walk down.  And there are a few spot at the front, again, read the signs. 

If you do come for dinner, I highly suggest you get that by 6p, otherwise, it fills up quickly.  For weekend, you should try to do either an early or late lunch both for seating and parking sake.

Hu's Cooking
2502 W. Holcomb Blvd
Houston, TX 77030
713-660-0020
https://www.huscooking.com

No comments: