Thursday, September 5, 2019

Texas Chili Parlor

We were hanging at the Capitol building, so ended up walking around for food.
Saw that they have decent review and decided to give them a shot.
It's truly a dive bar and the servers knows their customers like family.  But besides that, it also has a spot in Guy Clark's song.
Since it's the weekend, I got to order their Migas.  Migas in Austin is as popular as Cheeseburger in Houston.  That's also how I measure how the place is.  That's my standard dish.  It came with tortillas, beans, and ranchero taters.  Instead of the beans, they were nice enough to give me rice instead.
I got a Taster size of X Chili, it's the mildest one of them all.  It's actually not bad, as a matter of fact, I like that they do not put beans in there.  

So you know what I did?  I pour the chili on top of the migas and rice and stir them in.  I love that it brings the flavors all together, and tie in nicely.  I will say, the Ranchero Taters took me by surprise, I'm not sure if it's happens to be a pepper on mine, but it was so hot I was about to order a glass of milk.  It was fierce.  Any, as far as meal goes, this is cheap and this is where the locals go, which is nice and not been flooded by tourists.

Texas Chili Parlor
1409 Lavaca Dr
Austin, TX 78701
512-478-2828

No comments: