Monday, September 30, 2019

Meal Prep

Sunday is for meal prep for me.  I don't do it as often as I should but it helps me when I need to keep my count for the day.  Also save money that way.
First, oil your muffin tin.

So, I get the prosciutto to line the muffin cup like I would with a muffin liner.  You can use any cold cut you like.  As much as I like prosciutto, it is hard to separate them from the pack.  So you can do cold cut of your choice.  I don't do bacon because it takes a bit longer than I want to invest for the eggs.  
So, if you do full egg, you can either break open an egg per cup.  Or I broke 6 into a cup, seasoned it to my liking and then I put some spinach in there for kicks.

So, for full eggs - I bake for 15 mins at 320 degrees
For egg whites only - I bake for 25 mins at 375 degrees

An egg has 70 calories, depends on what type of meat you're putting there, then do it be slice.
Let's face it, you can't just eat one, which you'll need to put that into your allotment.

Some variation, you can add different kind cheese, bacon bits, chopped up veggies, different seasonings.  The key is to fill the up 3/4 full, if you do all the way full it's guarantee to spill, which I've tried both eggs and egg whites.

No comments: