Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Valencia's Tex Mex Garage

Was looking for a place to kill and hour, and ended up at Valencia's 

The place looks like a major party happening here.

I went for brunch and dang, it's a lot of food.  Of course you start with chips and salsa, then my coffee...


This is their Carne Guisada - it has rice and beans (I subbed for more rice), eggs, and the guisada.  So I didn't know guisada is really stew-y than just meat.  So that was a surprise to me that it's more good for tortilla soaking like bread than wrapping them in a taco.  Either way, very flavorful, lots of food.  You can definitely have 2 meals out of this one dish. 

As the morning gets on, more and more people rolled in.  All the staff are super friendly.  I was dining by myself and they took pity on me and stop by to say hello and checking in on me.  Some stayed and chatted and it was very kind of them.  Food is plentiful, atmosphere is fun, price is right.  For special occasions, they have pre-sets for two and it's very decent menu for those occasions.  Definitely have to get a group and come back here.

Valencia's Tex Mex Garage
2009 34th Street
Houston, TX 77018
713-686-7642




No comments: