Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Hamdam BBQ

Been meaning to try the Handam BBQ, so glad my friend is in town to go with me.
I got smart and booked ahead via Yelp waitlist and even though it told me to arrived 20 mins prior, which what is the point of of me booking it at a certain time if you want me to arrive 20 mins earlier.  I will say, it was nice that we walked up and they were ready to seat us.

We literally just sat down and all the banchan arrives. Seriously, it's like a meal all right there.  Salad, veggie, egg omelet, kimchee cucumber, fish cake, potato, kimchee, broccoli, japchae, tofu.

We got LA Kalbi, LA Kalbi Suwon Style (that's just means using salt instead of soy sauce as marinate), Bulgogi and Pork Belly. 

Another protein we got was the octopus.  Our server said that it's cooked, just basically reheat.  I can see why, it's not easy to cook octopus fully and you don't want to risk people not know how to cook it and get sick.  So here's the pre-cooked ones. 


If you get the $35 pp combo, you get 2 special items.  The night we were there, we got seafood pancake and kimchi stew, which in addition to the meat, the banchan and the miscellanies it's a lot of food.

You can order a la carte, or family combo or individual combo.   Each combo allows for different options.   Since the combos are technically all you can eat, there's a 2 hour limit and obviously they will not let you take a box.  To be honest, the a la carte item doesn't look bad but if we order the combo we could get the seafood pancake, so I was a sucker for it.   This is a KBBQ where you have to do the cooking.  I've gotten so spoil that places would cook for me, it's definitely distract me from eating.

Handam BBQ
6609 W. Sam Houston Pkwy S
#92
Houston, TX 77072
346-261-1500



 

No comments: